To protect all users’ rights of access to the facility, ensure the health and safety of all guests and staff, and to protect resources from damage, the following are prohibited within the Ford Community & Performing Arts Center:
- Disorderly behavior of any kind, including—but not limited to—excessive noise, running in the building, or otherwise causing a disruption to the peace and order of the facility.
- Vandalizing or defacing materials or property, including equipment, furniture, walls or any other aspect of the facility.
- Removing materials, equipment or property from the building without authorization.
- Possession and use of a camera phone in any of the locker room areas.
- Indecent exposure, voyeurism, exhibitionism, or other lewd and lascivious acts.
- Harassment of other guests or staff, either verbally or physically. This may include—but is not limited to—verbal abuse; use of profanity or other abusive language; intimidation; staring at or following another person within the facility; disrupting a class; sexual harassment or harassment on the account of race, religion, ethnic background, gender or sexual orientation.
- Failure to wear a shirt or closed-toed athletic shoes.
- Use of in-line skates, roller skates, scooters, skateboards or other sports equipment within the facility.
- Sleeping in the facility.
- Failure to clean up after oneself while using any part of the facility, this includes re-racking weights when finishing a set in the free weight area.
- Slamming or dropping weights.
- Smoking or use of tobacco products.
- Possessing or consuming alcohol or illegal drugs or being under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs. For special events, the facility is licensed to sell alcohol to its’ guests which will be controlled and monitored by the facility staff.
- Selling products or services, soliciting for personal gain, or approaching guests for the purpose of obtaining signatures for petitions within the building.
- Posting or distributing unauthorized material or literature.
- Using a cellular phone, audible pager, audio equipment, audio-visual equipment, or computer equipment so that it disturbs others.
- Abandonment of individuals, both adults and children, who are unable to care for themselves. A responsible adult (18 or older) must attend children under the age of 13 and remain with the child at all times.
- Children under the age of 15 are not permitted to work out in the fitness area, weight area, track or participate in aerobic classes (with the exception of special programs or classes).
- Leaving personal property in the facility unattended. All property should be stored in a locked locker. Lockers are for day use only. Locks remaining on the lockers at closing time will be cut-off and items will be moved to the lost and found area. The facility is not responsible for lost items.
- Hanging, pulling, dunking on the basketball rims. Individuals who dunk or hang or violate this policy in any manner will automatically be asked to leave the facility.
- Valid ID is required for admittance to the facility.
- Attempting to illegally use another patron’s ID or membership card. Confiscation of the ID card will result, and—pending further investigation—the card may not be returned and the members’ membership may be revoked for a period of time.
In addition, please note the following policies:
- The facility guests have diverse music and television tastes. We strive to provide a variety of music and programming choices. We do not take requests for changes to the stations nor are patrons allowed to change the stations on their own. We recommend bringing a personal audio device with headphones to listen to during your workout.
- Fitness machines are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Please wipe off all equipment after use. During busy times, there is a 30 minute limit on all cardiovascular equipment including treadmills, bikes, cross trainers, and stair climbers.
- Use of an outside Personal Trainer is not permitted. Personal training packages are available and provided by DMC.
- No opened-toed shoes, non-athletic shoes, sandals, dress shoes or flip flops are allowed in the aerobic rooms, fitness area, gyms, or climbing wall area. Street shoes are prohibited in the pool area.
- No boots or black-soled shoes are allowed on basketball courts or aerobic studios.
- Pants and shorts must be worn at the waistline.
- T-shirts or tank tops must be worn at all times. Bare midriffs are not allowed.
- No food, beverages, or open containers are allowed.
- Showers must be taken before entering the pool.
- All members are responsible for the actions of their guests. Members may be suspended for a period of time and lose their privilege to bring in a guest should their guest cause any type of disturbance.
- Patrons are asked to refrain from heavy use of perfumes and fragrances when working out for the comfort of other participants.
Violations of any of the above will result in either a verbal warning or removal from the facility. Any misconduct may result in the loss of facility privileges, resulting in a denial of access to the facility for a period of time.
Failure to comply with the policy after being notified by a staff member may result in the summoning of Dearborn Police and prosecution in accordance with the trespassing law.